BOLD Water Activated Eco Casting Acrylic Resin Compound
How to create with Ecrylimer BOLD
2 parts base into 1 part water (2:1) by weight
* Mix powder into water to a smooth consistency by hand mixing (with a fork) or using a mechanical device for 1 minute. Add pigments (up to 2-3%) and stir in well.
* Stir gently a few times while product settles and bubbles disperse. * Pour into mold.
* Tap mold to release bubbles to the surface.
* Working time – 15-20mins.
* Demold after 40 mins from when first mixed, allow 50-70 mins for enclosed molds
(Test before demolding as the amount and type of pigments can increase set time)
Yes, that's right - You just add the polymer infused powder into water!
Ecrylimer BOLD is the latest innovation from Bramblier giving you more ways to be creative without comprising on the end result.
Why choose BOLD?
* You just need drinking quality water (tap, bottled or distilled water) - making it even more eco friendly.
* 40 mins to demold. However, in a world-first, you get half of that time (15-20 mins) of creating before it starts to set. Enclosed molds (like the shell mold!) we still recommend waiting a little longer 50-70mins. Perfect for those just starting out with eco resin, without feeling the pressure of a quick set looming!
* Hand mixing is a breeze to a smooth pouring consistency.
* Has excellent bubble release with a few taps of the mold.
* Produces beautiful vibrant and dark colours - along with creamy pastels.
* Sealable with Bramblier sealer (anytime from an hour or 2 after demolding) and finish with clear wax top coat to further enhance the colours - once completely dry in 48-72 hours (if the end product is not near water you can just finish with wax).
* Non-flammable and suitable for candle holders etc.
* Create all the same items you love easily.
* Comes in a kraft bag with instructions and mold size measuring guide.
* 2kg pack is equivalent to 3kgs once you have added 1kg water
* 4kg pack is equivalent to 6kgs once you have added 2kg water
Ecrylimer BOLD is exceptional for highly pigmented and colourful and dark pieces, along with beautiful pastels. We recommend molds that are at least 6mm in depth to ensure the longevity of your creation. Thinner castings (such as the shells) are completely achievable and produce fine ceramic like pieces - these should be treated accordingly.